September 2014: Home, an Exhibit
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 15, 2014
Exhibition Duration: September 3-28
Opening Night/Auction Party: September 6
Art/Not Terminal Gallery Sub-T Room
2045 Westlake Ave, Seattle, WA 98121
Jessica Byrd, Artist Coordinator at Community Dinners and Seattle Artist
Description Of Exhibition:
An invitational exhibit of artwork around the theme of "home", where artists draw inspiration from whatever “home” means to them, and perhaps even, what it means to be without a home. The shelter, security, peace, and dignity that a home brings is something that every human being deserves. A percentage of the proceeds of this exhibition will go directly to the Community Dinners toward the goal of funding their first affordable housing unit.
Both two and three-dimensional works are eligible (ALL MEDIUMS)
Open to all artists.
Some potential interpretations of the theme (artists may come up with their own interpretations, too):
- in the arms of your loved ones
- natural home (organic, nature, woodsy,outdoors)
- man made home - (literal home, standing buildings, cities, suburbia)
- people or creatures in their home enrvironment
- a lifestyle scene in a home
- ironic justapositions of home vs homelessness
- animated/personified home
(DUE: August 15, 2014)
- JPEG image of your submission
- Limit 5 images per person
- Save files with artist's last name and title of image
- In the body of the email, include: Artist name, title of piece, medium, dimensions, brief description
- Late submissions or substitute images will not be hung
Email Submissions to:
Entry Deadline is August 15, 2014
Notification of acceptance: on or before August 19, 2014.
If accepted, a curator will follow up with any additional informational details regarding time of set-up, etc.
There is no application fee to submit work. However, if selected, there is an initial hanging fee that will be collected on hanging night.
Regular-sized 2D pieces (over 12" wide and 4' wide or under*)
Quantity / Price
1 / $25
2 / $40
3 / $55
4 / $70
Under-sized 2D pieces (under 12")
Quantity / Price
1 / $15
2 / $30
3 / $45
4 / $60
*Artwork over 4' wide will be charged an additional $5.00 per linear foot, or portion thereof, exceeding the 4' limit.
3D work that requires pedestals will be charged per pedestal. If multiple pieces will fit on a pedestal, only one pedestal fee will be charged. For work that doesn't require a pedestal, the standard fee will still be charged. The over-sized charge is also applicable for work over 4' wide or long (but not high).
Artists will have the option to choose for proceeds of sold artworks to go to one of the following combinations:
Artist / Gallery / Charity
50% / 15% / 35%
35% / 15% / 50%
15% / 15% / 70%
- All decisions of the curator are final.
- If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give A/NT Gallery the right to publish your images for publicity purposes or as part of the art directory selected artists (All credits to artist will be included). We may ask select artists to provide higher resolution jpegs suitable for publishing.
- We are also looking for participating artists to help staff the gallery including set-up, take down, volunteer at the gallery during the month of September, etc.
- All Artists will be required to sign a gallery consignment form